- Monday, June 24th @ 1 pm – Be in the showroom dining area for a keynote address from Mark McCullough, EVP Transmission, AEP, speaking on this year’s conference theme: New Horizons | Boundless Possibilities
- Register Here!
- ESMO 2019 Steering Committee Chair, Bethany McCrea, PMP AEP, Invites you to ESMO 2019
- Demonstrations now available! New ones being added weekly.
- See Technical Sessions here
- Technical Session Chairs Interviews
- Become an Exhibitor/Supporter!
- AEP Training Center Tours – June 25 and June 27 Details
- Read About the History of ESMO
- Practical Approaches to Reducing Transient Overvoltages Factors for Live Work – Download Paper Here
- Educational courses offered: Plain Talk About the Electric Power System. Learn More & Register Now
- Indoor exhibits at the Greater Columbus Convention Center
400 North High Street Columbus, Ohio 43215
- Outdoor exhibits
(transportation provided from the Convention Center to outdoor location near Columbus)
Hotel and Transportation Information
IEEE does not have a housing authority for the conference. All reservations should be made by attendees directly with the hotels at the links or phone numbers provided below. Reservations made by unaffiliated organizations may appear to have lower rates, however they may be illegitimate, not have the rooms to sell, have unreasonable cancellation or change penalties, or be completely non-refundable. Please be aware of, and report any unauthorized solicitation to firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW – TOP 10 Reasons to Attend ESMO 2019!
“Anytime you can get people together to network and discuss leading practices is a good endeavor. We can learn from one another instead of re-creating the wheel every time our industry changes, which is frequently. This is an interconnected industry, and it is only by working together that we are able to keep the lights on for the American people.”
Mark Gabriel, administrator and CEO of Western Area Power Administration
“I have been fortunate to attend every ESMO Conference since 1976. It is a unique conference in that it is truly “hands on” and practical. The thing I like the most is the ability to network with linemen and operating personnel, and to get their input on new methods and technologies. I always come away from an ESMO conference learning something new that has helped me over my career in this industry.”
Dr. Keith Lindsey, President, Lindsey Manufacturing Co.
“I have been to several ESMO Conferences and find it to be a unique experience. There are two days of panels, discussions and very useful information on utility safety, operations and maintenance issues. Then there are two days of outdoor demonstrations, the latest line and substation equipment and work practices and show and tell outdoor vendor booths. It is an excellent experience for operating and design engineers, field supervisors and future supervisors to broaden their perspective, interact with vendors and other utilities.”
Chris Root, COO, VELCO
Click here to read more testimonials